Developer: Amplitude Studios | Publisher: Iceberg Interactive | Release Date: July 4th, 2012 | Platform(s): PC, Mac
- A massive tech tree allows the player to choose how their empire develops
- The understated UI makes the game to look great
- Battles are dictated by choosing strategies for each phase; long, medium, and close range combat. The developers have added the option to choose cards to use in auto-resolved battles to speed up the game.
- A development method that allows the community to vote on additions to the game. While this may be a good idea in theory, it doesn’t work when the three options given by the developers should all be implemented.
- Empires are punished too much for expanding. This punishment can be eased through research, but at a certain point fighting other empires forces the player to take their planets and makes finishing the game into a chore.
- Ship design is limited and the weapon types are poorly balanced
Endless Space isn’t for everyone, but fans of the genre will have a lot of fun with it.
Playtime 40+ hrs | Platform: PC