Published on December 30th, 2016 | by Rand0
Ratchet & Clank – Quick Review
Developer: Insomniac Games | Publisher: SCEA | Release: April 12, 2016 | Platform: PS4
Ratchet & Clank Review
- The PS2 era shooter mechanics of Ratchet & Clank feel modernized and enjoyably refreshing compared to other shooters.
- Combat is explosive, colorful, and fun all while looking and sounding great.
- The updated graphics are visually impressive.
- Gameplay has just the right amount of variety that you do not get very often in modern shooters.
- One secret weapon, that is relatively easy to unlock, essentially removes all challenge from later levels.
- The cutscenes from the movie tie in do not blend well with in game graphics.
- There were missed opportunities for more world exploration.
Ratchet & Clank on the PS4 is exactly what you want a remake to be. Whether you played or missed the original PS2 third person shooter classic, you will have a blast with this one.
Platform: PS4 | Playtime: 10+ hrs